Movement Disorders Specialists
- Dr Kelly Bertram is a Head of Movement Disorders at The Alfred Hospital
- Dr Michael Eller has leading researcher in the field and founding head of the Box Hill Hospital Service
- Dr Will Lee is Director of the Parkinson and Movement Disorder Program at Eastern Health
- A/Prof David Williams is past Head of Parkinson and Movement Disorder Program at The Alfred Hospital
- Dr Ganga Ganesvaran is a dual qualified Neurologist and Geriatrician with an interest in Parkinson’s disease
- Dr Trudy Cheng has completed sub-specailty training in PD and Movement Disorders at The Alfred Hospital
- Dr Amanda Gilligan has managed PD and other Movement Disorders for over twenty years
All Neurologists at Neurology Network Melbourne are trained in the management of PD.
Tremor can effect up to 15% of people over the age of 65. While usually benign, it can be severe and require treatment.
Parkinson’s disease is the second most common neurodegenerative disease in the community, affecting almost 2% of people over the age of 65.
Movement and gait disorders occur in many conditions, including Parkinsonism, cerebellar disease and other movement disorders.
Deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery is a highly advanced, surgical treatment for some movement disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, tremor and dystonia.
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP) is a rare neurodegenerative disorder, with distinct movement and cognitive problems.
Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) is a rare neurological disorder, with distinct movement and autonomic problems.
Dystonia refers to involuntary muscle spasm causing changes in posture and movements, including tremor, of any body part.